How Reiki Can Relieve Anxiety & Depression
Welcome, I’m Danielle, qualified Reiki Practitioner and Yoga Therapist in Adelaide, South Australia. I’m often asked about how Reiki Treatments can ease the chronic nature of the symptoms associated with Anxiety and Depression.
I’ve compiled some of the most well researched and credible sources of information available to provide you with an in-depth look at how and why Reiki Therapy can benefit people suffering from chronic or situational Depression and Anxiety. I also recommend speaking with your Doctor about trying Reiki Therapy as a complementary part of your holistic wellness journey.
Benefits of Reiki for Depressed Clients
Article source: International Association of Reiki Professionals
Reiki can be beneficial to clients with depression in multiple ways. Some of the benefits of Reiki sessions for depressed clients include:
- Better sense of mental and physical balance. – Reiki may help restore a person’s overall sense of balance, both in the mind and the body. This may help to improve the person’s mood and help him or her to overcome feelings of guilt and/or sadness.
- Reiki is relaxing. – Depression is often accompanied by anxiety. However, Reiki can be relaxing, which may help to combat this anxiety. As the individual’s anxiety is relieved, his or her depression may improve as well.
- Reiki puts the client back in control. – Many people who are depressed feel like they are not in control of their own lives. When a client participates in a Reiki session, he or she is doing something proactive, thus restoring some of the feelings of control.
- Reiki allows the client to connect with another person. – One of the most common symptoms of depression involves withdrawing from friends and family or feeling disconnected from others. Reiki provides depressed clients with the opportunity to connect with a caring, compassionate practitioner, which may improve symptoms.
- Reiki relieves stress. – Stress can contribute to the development of depression, and ongoing stress can also worsen a depressed person’s symptoms. Reiki may help to relieve some of a client’s stress, which may in turn reduce the symptoms of depression.
Reiki for Depression & Anxiety: How Does Reiki Help Counter Mental Health Issues?
Article source: e-pain-assist
While science is still trying to find a reason how Reiki helps in sorting depression and anxiety, studies and doctors have been unable to work out a definite answer to the concept of the healing miracle. Even though prescribed medication can help ease mental trauma, Reiki uses the remedy of personal healing you from within – basically treating your mind and cleansing your soul to help you let go of emotional baggage.
Healing touch therapies, the best known being Reiki (pronounced RAY-key), are ancient practices in increasingly wide use today.
According to the International Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP), “Reiki is [a] subtle and effective form of energy healing using spiritually guided life force energy… [p]racticed in every country of the world.” While often considered to be spiritual in nature, Reiki is not “[a]ffiliated with any particular religion or religious practice.”
Reiki is increasingly offered in hospital, hospice, and private practice settings applied to a variety of illnesses and conditions. Those who receive such treatments report relief of symptoms from numerous health challenges, including mental health issues. Research shows that reiki primarily helps in the reduction of stress, anxiety, and depression, as well as relief of chronic pain.
This post includes some affiliate links. That means if you intend to buy through any of my affiliate links, you will help me earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for always supporting my blog.
Please follow and like us: